"Any employees of electrical or alarm contractors engaged in the contracting or installation of alarm systems need to be certified as either a Fire Alarm System Agent (FASA) or Burglar Alarm System Agent (BASA)."
FASA and BASA certification requires that the employee meet the following criteria:
• Is at least 18 years of age
• Completed a minimum of 14 hours of training by a Board-approved provider
• Has not been convicted of a crime directly related to the business within the last three (3) years
• Obtained from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) a completed fingerprint and background check if applying as a burglar or fire alarm system agent every two (2) years
• Has not been committed for substance abuse within the last three (3) years.
The above information can be found on MyFloridaLicense.com